Location: Gastonia, NC
Vegan Friendly Grade: C
When this brand spanking new Target (now with Fresh Grocery) opened - the whole town got excited! Yep - me too! As nice as it is, I would have to give it a mid grade. The vegan selections were not as impressive as I had hoped they would be.
Here are the vegan pros and cons of this Target store.
Let's start with what is missing:
- No refrigerated faux vegan products - no soy dogs, Vegenaise, or Daiya cheese.
- No vegan or organic pet food.
- Very weak organic make-up selection.
- Most disappointing gluten-free offering.
- Very limited (if any) organic produce.
- Vegan snack options galore, include smoothie drinks for kids!
- Decent selection of "milk" options.
- Several non-chemical based cleaning product options.
All things considered, I would shop at this store to purchase snacks and spices but I would not use this Target store as my grocery shopping destination.
Code Red Alert!
Lyvie loved the Cutie drinks (made by the same folks that bring you the Cutie clementines) - I read the ingredients and they were all approved ingredients.
It wasn't until I went to the website that I found that some of them are not Vegan Approved! New blog to come on that - the site says that each drink has 10 grams of Whey protein! The one that Lyvie drank, Tangerine Pineapple did not have that ingredient on the label. I'm looking into it!
Disclaimer: I do not own, represent, or work for any brand mentioned in this blog. I was not paid or provided with product to write this review. This review is pure opinion based on my own shopping experience. To submit your product for review, click here.