Friday, January 6, 2012

Feature Friday is Back...

I took a breat from writing the Feature Friday posts during the holidays because we were so busy! We're still super busy but I missed writing them. I thought I'd do a 2011 Feature Friday Recap for you. This will be a great quick reference to the notes I wrote last year!

In 2012 I have some great Feature Friday ideas. After all, Hallelujah Acres is celebrating our 20th Anniversary and I plan to have a lot of fun with that!

2011 Feature Friday in Review

What I'm Thankful For
This was my last note of 2011 and I took a moment to speak from my heart and share what I was thankful for. This was post just before Thanksgiving and I enjoyed the time of reflection.

A Vegan Thanksgiving
This note features vegan recipes covering all the courses of a holiday meal. These are not only delicious but they take the stress out of trying to keep a traditional meal on the table.

Desserts!
We all love desserts and it is the one thing that some people miss most when adopting a healthy diet. This note made took the guilt out of this pleasure in life. The post offers recipes, phone apps, and videos.

Our Kale Chips are Green!
I answered questions on the "green" factor of our Kale Chips. I also offered some suggestions on how you can recycle the Kale packaging.

Let's Talk Detox...
Do you know what detox is? This post discusses the symptoms, details, and remedies on detox.

Thyroid
This is a common issue that we get asked about so I wrote a note about. This note details iodine, vegetables to avoid, and other dietary suggestions.

Hypoglycemia
Inspired by a blog post of AM & PM, this note focuses on the symptoms of hypoglycemia and how to deal with this while on the Hallelujah Acres' Diet.

Weather Preparedness
This note was written during a time of bad weather. Considering that most of us juice, process, blend, and dehydrate - a power outage would leave us nibbling on lettuce! This note tells ways to cope with an outage and how to prepare for such an event.

Kids
A detailed compilation of articles, books, videos, and tips for raising kids on the Hallelujah Acres' diet.

Blogging
Do you have a blog? This is a post about being inspired to blog and why you may want to have your own blog.

Common Misconceptions About the Diet
You shared the common misconceptions you've faced and I offered the answers to those questions. Topics covered include protein, calcium, muscles, boredom, and the meat argument.

Sprouting Tips
Fellow Facebook users offered tips for sprouting. You asked for it and we delivered!

The Hallelujah Acres' Diet on the Job
This note explains how to be on the Hallelujah Acres' Diet when you have to travel or work outside the home. All first hand advice that makes it work!

Overabundant Harvest
This Summer we were asked, "what do I do with all these vegetables?" If you are harvesting more than you can eat, there are ways to perserve them and we talk about them here.

July 4th BBQ - Vegan?
No ribs or meat burgers at this BBQ! This note offers some great Summer recipes!

Vegan Vacation...
This post made it easy to have a go-to place for all the many nuggets of advice given for travelling while on a vegan diet.

Vegan Mayonaise
A burger and sandwich staple, mayonaise does not have to be history with vegan alternatives available. All the details are found in this note!

Vegan Pizza
Need I say more?

Tips from Willi, the Hallelujah Acres' Organic Gardener
Willi, the Organic Gardner at Hallelujah Acres, was kind enough to take the time to compile a list of gardening tips. This post gives you those tips! Thank you Willi!

The Very First Feature Friday
I admittedly used this first Feature Friday for a shameless plug of Health Ministers Training. Don't get too upset - I'm sure I'll do it again this year!

Thank you all for a wonderful year in 2011 and I look forward to 2012!!! What Feature Friday topic would you like to see in 2012?

No comments:

Post a Comment